Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Alcohol Inks - Oh So Nice!!!


I have been needing a break from my studies, and today I finally rewarded myself and took some time to experiment with alcohol inks. I've been wanting to try these for quite some time, but after viewing Tim Holtz 12 Days of Christmas Tags http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/12_tags_of_christmas_2008_1/ I knew I could wait no longer. You absolutely have to check them out and Tim's blog -- all too inspiring.


First off I'll say that these inks are some of the neatest products I have ever used and of so forgiving if you have a bottle of blending solution nearby. They do dry quickly, but once you find the right balance of amount of ink and just -1- dot of metallic mixative, you can make some very amazing papers to use as accents for cards or whatever. Staz-on worked great on top of the inks once they were dry. Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed making them :)


I used a variety of Stampin' Up stamps on this and the SU In-color right now for the card portion. Then White Staz-on once the alcohol ink was dry on that layer along with Black Staz-on on the edges to set it off.







By changing ink colors you can get a totally different look. Also by dripping blending solution on the surface and reblending with the blending tool you can keep changing the look. I used 3 ink colors on most of these and 1 drop of metallic mixative, which was perfect.







One last card before I go celebrate New Year's with my family. We are enjoying a couple of movies tonight and a quiet evening at home :)

On this one I tried out my Gator to round the corners. I think I'm going to like it since it will even round chipboard.


Have a great New Year's Eve.

4 comments:

  1. Great job Karen, on your cards and for finally starting your own blog. Girl! As talented as you are, you should've been the first! Hugs,T

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have some gorgeous cards to share karen...wonderful work. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rach - Watch for another card I should be posting tomorrow. Thanks for following my blog all the way across the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete